Last Update: January 18, 2016
Thank you for visiting obalearn.com. Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our information practices and choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used by us.
What information do we collect?
Through our website, you can view our services and access free material. You can also request and order services provided by us and if subscribed to our services, opine and participate in Q&A forums. The information we gather will be related to your use of our services. Certain personally identifiable information may be required to engage in certain activities or services of our site and to receive the products and services you have requested therein. The types of personal identifiable information we collect in such instances may include, and not limited to: name, alias or screen-name, address, gender, email address, telephone number, PayPal information, history of previous purchases.
We may also collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit our web pages or use our applications. Such information may be: type of browser and operating system, IP address, device identifiers, internet or wireless provider, other location or access based information.
How do we comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)?
How do we use the information that we collect?
- If you acquire content from, or subscribe to, our services, we use the information collected to complete the transactions and service your account.
- If you choose to submit content in our Q&A pages or forums, we may publish your name (or screen name/alias) and other information you have provided to us in order to fully allow your participation. You hereby consent to this.
- If you report or contact us related to Digital Millennium Copyright Act Compliance, as discussed above, the information collected will be used for such compliance purposes.
- We sometimes use the non-personally identifiable information that we collect to improve the design and content of our products and websites, and to enable us to customize your Internet experience. We also may use this information to analyze site usage, as well as to offer you products, programs, or services.
- We will not sell, rent, or lease mailing lists or your Personal Information to others, and we will not make your Personal Information available to any unaffiliated parties, except as follows:
- To agents and/or contractors who may use it on our behalf or in connection with their relationship with us (for example, we may use third parties to help us with promotional campaigns).
- As required by law, in a matter of public safety or policy, as needed in connection with the transfer of our business assets (for example, if we are acquired by another company or if we are liquidated during bankruptcy proceedings), or if we believe in good faith that sharing the data is necessary to protect our rights or property.
- We will disclose information we maintain when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose such information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request.
- Your access to some of our services and content may be password protected. We recommend that you refrain from disclosing your username(s) and password(s) to anyone. We also recommend that you sign out of your account or service at the end of each session. You may also wish to close your browser window when you have finished your work, especially if you share a computer with someone else or if you are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe. We are not liable for unauthorized access or misuse of your account information if you do not exercise appropriate care over your login information.
To enhance your experience on our Services, we may place “cookies” on your computer or device. Cookies are small text files that we place in your computer or device to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your e-mail address or other personal information unless you choose to provide this information to us by, for example, registering with one of our Services. Once you choose to provide us with personal information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie. A cookie assigns a unique numerical identifier to your Web browser or device, and may enable us to recognize you as the same user who has used our Services, and relate your use of the Services to other information about you, such as your usage information and personal information.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can set your browser option so that you will not receive cookies and you can also delete existing cookies from your browser. However, you may find that some parts of the site will not function properly if you have refused cookies or similar tracking technologies and you should be aware that disabling cookies or similar tracking technologies might prevent you from accessing some of our content. However, your viewing of editorial content may be hampered. If you wish to block cookies or similar tracking technologies, check your browser’s instructions.
Local Shared Objects: Local shared objects, such as Flash cookies, also may be stored on your computer or device. Local shared objects operate a lot like cookies, but cannot be managed in the same way. Depending on how local shared objects are enabled on your computer or device, you may be able to manage them using software settings.
Cache Cookies: Cache cookies, such as eTags, may be used to identify your computer or device as the same computer or device that visited a Service or Services in the past.
These tracking technologies may be deployed by us and/or by our service providers on our behalf. These technologies enable us to assign a unique number to you, and relate your Service usage information to other information about you, including your personal information. We may match information collected from you through different means or at different times, including both personal information and Service usage information, and use such information along with offline and online information obtained from other sources (including third parties) such as demographic information and updated contact information (where that information has been lawfully disclosed to us) for the purposes of learning more about you so we can provide you with relevant content.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Some of our sites contain links to other sites whose information practices may be different than ours. OBA also allows you to connect with other sites and services in order to share content and information. You should consult the other sites’ and services’ privacy notices, as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties or their use of your information.
How can I access, correct, or delete my personal information?
We will take reasonable steps to accurately record the personal information that you provide to us and any subsequent updates. We encourage you to review, update, and correct the personal information that we maintain about you, and you may request that we delete personal information about you that is inaccurate, incomplete, or irrelevant for legitimate purposes, or are being processed in a way which infringes any applicable legal requirements, by contacting us as set out in the “How to Contact Us” section below. At our election, instead of deleting such information, we may retain it with your comment or correction noted in our records. By contacting us, you may also object to our further use of your personal information if you have compelling legitimate grounds (this may involve closing your account). We may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details before we are able to provide you with any information, correct any inaccuracies, or delete any information. Your right to review, update, correct, and delete your personal information may be limited, subject to the law or your jurisdiction: (i) if your requests are abusive or unreasonably excessive, (ii) where the rights or safety of another person or persons would be encroached upon, or (iii) if the information or material you request relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between you and us, or providing access to you would prejudice negotiations between us or an investigation of possible unlawful activity. Your right to review, update, correct and delete your information is subject to our records retention policies and applicable law, including any statutory retention requirements.
How long do you retain my personal information?
We will retain your personal information while you have an account with us and thereafter for as long as we need it for purposes not prohibited by applicable laws. Thereafter, we will either delete your personal information or de-identify it so that it is anonymous and not attributed to your identity. Your rights to request that we delete your personal information are set forth in the “Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Your Personal Information” section above.
Our Privacy Statement may change at any time. If our information practices change in a significant way, we will post the policy changes here. This Privacy Statement was last updated on December 2015.